Augmented reality (AR) is an interactive experience of a real-world environment where the real objects are “augmented” by computer-generated perceptual information across single multiple sensory modalities, including visual, auditory and haptic .
Hype or Real?
It is real. It is gonna be the part of every industry, soon. Apple and Google have already put billions of dollars in AR/VR to be the leader. Let us see its applications
Uses of AR
- Retail: With Virtual Try-on, Virtual Make-up and 3D view of yours, fashion industry is gonna change the way it does business.
- Gaming – A next level of interactive game is being created where real world is augmented with virtual objects. AR Gaming market can go up to 285 billion by 2023.
- Medical – Healthcare training, learning, surgery, hospital management would go through a dramatic change
- Military – Military training and simulation can empower army in unimaginable way
- Maintenance and Repair – It empowers engineers to maintain and repair remotely and more efficiently
- Education – AR apps can improve the learning methods by giving immersive and interactive experience
- Marketing – Advertising companies need to use it to create a unique level of customer experience
- Media & Entertainment – The way news are discussed would be changed dramatically with AR apps. Israeli TV
- Real Estate – AR apps are changing the real estate industry which can attract the customers by having 3D view and sharing house design in more interesting way
Hope it helps you understand AR Application
A startup, WoWExp is working on AR,VR, MR to create WoW Experience for everyone
(Disclaimer: Many images are taken from Hololens and other companies)