Face Detection and Recognition: Comparison of Amazon, Microsoft Azure and IBM Watson
In today’s world, everybody wants readymade things. In case of face detection and face recognition, many industries provided so many powerful API’s which are ready to use. Here In this blog, we are going to discuss some of the famous API’s available.
If you want Face detection, Face recognition and Face analysis from one provider there are three significant companies provided their API’s:
- Amazon’s Amazon Recognition API
- Microsoft Azure’s Face API
- IBM Watson’s visual recognition API
Amazon’s API can do following Task:
- Face Comparison: Amazon’s API gives you the Likelihood that faces in two images are of the same person. It depends on the age of the person in the photo.
- Facial Analysis: You can locate faces and analysis face attributes.
- Facial Recognition: It identifies the person in a given image using the private repository. It is very fast and very accurate.
- Object and Scene Detection: It can recognize objects and some exciting things such as Vehicles, pets.
Microsoft’s Azure’s Face API:
- Face Comparison: Microsoft’s API will return a confidence score about how likely it is that the two faces belong to one person.
- Computer Vision API: It provides information about visual information found in an image.
- Content Moderation API: Image Moderation that detects potentially offensive or unwanted visuals.
- Emotional API: It analyzes faces to recognize a range of feelings and personalize app’s responses.
- Video API: It analysis video output and provide thumbnails, and it also stabilizes Video output.
IBM Watson’s visual recognition API can do some specific task:
- It can determine the age of the person.
- It can also determine the gender of the person.
- It can detect the bounding box of the faces.
- It can also provide information about a celebrity who is present in the image.
If you want to develop face detection and face recognition API on your own, please use github:
If you want to know face detection and recognition holistically, please have the book “Deep Learning with Applications using Python”.
Also Read :- Speech Analysis for dummies